Bugema University is located on a 640-acre piece of land in Luwero district, Bamunanika county, Kalagala sub-county. The institution started in 1948 as a training school for teachers and pastors for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in East Africa. By then it was called Bugema Missionary Training School. Later, the name changed to Bugema Missionary College and then to Bugema Adventist College. In 1978, Bugema Adventist College graduated its first degree class with Bachelor of Theology. The College expanded and by the late 1980s curricula for Business and Education were put in place.
In 1994, Bugema Adventist College changed its status from college to university, and in 1997, Bugema University was granted a license from the Ministry of Education and Sports to operate as a university offering Bachelor of Theology, BBA in Management and Accounting, and BA in Education with History, Religion, English and Literature as teaching subjects. Due to continued interest shown by prospective students and sponsors in the academic programs offered by Bugema University, progressive steps were taken and the curricula expanded to meet the demands of the constituency.
Bugema University is fully chatered by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.